Senscot legal has been established as a social enterprise to provide high quality, affordable legal advice and support to Social Enterprises; Charities; Community and Voluntary organisations; Community housing associations and everyone in between – from small community groups to organisations that operate at a national level.
Our fees are charged on a reasonable and affordable basis. As far as possible we used fixed fees for clients’ peace of mind and to avoid unexpected costs.
How can Senscot legal help:
- Governance: Governance is the term used for the rules, policies and processes used by organisations to guide control and direct how to achieve its goals
- Legal Structures: Helping you choose the right structure for you and your organisation.
- Charity Law: Ensuring your understanding of charity law.
- HR/Employment Law: is important to know your duties as employer. There are rules and regulations that must be adhered to.
- Intellectual Property: IP can mean a brand, invention, design, creation and can be legally owned
- Contract Law: Contracts are an essential part of most businesses and they come in many different forms. We can assist with drafting and reviewing contracts.
- Property/Leases: When setting up a social enterprise or other non-profit organisation it is realistic to consider that you will require premises and a decision will be made by the members as to whether to lease or buy a property.
- Dispute Resolution: As with any commercial business, disputes may arise from time to time. Sometimes it is necessary to obtain legal advice on the best resolution.
History of Senscot Legal:
Senscot Legal was established late in 2010 to provide support in legal matters to the social enterprise community and wider third sector in Scotland. Senscot had been exploring the possibility of setting up such a service for a number of years. With the help of the Scottish Govt`s Enterprise Fund, we have been able to achieve this aim. Whilst the company must operate as a sustainable business, as a social enterprise any surpluses will be utilised to develop the business itself and/or for the benefit of the social enterprise community in Scotland.
An initial consultation is offered free of charge and we will then provide a quote for any further services as appropriate.
Contact us to book a free initial consultation today.